City of Talent Oregon / Visitors & Attractions / Harvest FestivalHarvest Festival
ANNUAL HARVEST FESTIVAL!
THE 2015 FESTIVAL WAS SATURDAY OCTOBER 3rd FROM 7 am - 4:00 pm
The 2015 Harvest Festival was a huge success! Great weather, entertainment, vendors and delicious food!
This year’s festivities included:
- The Pancake Breakfast, hosted by the Talent Chamber of Commerce with the food and labor donated by the Iron Skillet in Phoenix. They had a rousing turnout and are already planning changes and improvements for next year.
- The Runs were well ran by lots of early morning folks and well organized by the Southern Oregon Runners
- The Parade, always a favorite, was interesting and entertaining. Congratulations to Talent's Grand Marshal JUDY CASAD!
- Darby Stricker and City Council people modeled fitness and health by cycling the parade route.
- The activities in Old Town Park included the Rock Climbing Wall, Petting Zoo, s Clowning: Jill & Daryl Fjeldheim, ScienceWorks and Ballet Folklorico, face painting, cotton candy and more, kept hundreds of kids and adults busy all day
- The entertainment on the City Hall stage – H’aena, Salsa Brava and Maestro & the Captain’s Flat 5 Flim Flam kept our toes tapping and bodies moving
- Our ever popular Harvest Home area, where apples were pressed into cider, weaving demonstrations and scarecrow building kept folks of all ages restfully engaged while listening to live acoustic music
- Our expanded Wine and Beer Garden, under more shade, provided a family friendly respite to enjoy food and community
- Arts, crafts and farmers market vendors offered their wares
- Local favorite foods and snacks helped sate that lunchtime hunger
AND our new Community Center – was officially opened and tours were conducted by City Manager, Tom Corrigan.
To create an event like the Harvest Festival it takes a great deal of dedication from the Committee members and support from our Community.
Many thanks to those who provided goods, services and support. Thank you Talent Harvest Festival Committee, City Staff, City Council, Police Department and the Public Works Department. Together we made this one of the greatest turnouts ever!!
Thank you to all of our wonderful vendors, entertainment, parade entrants, volunteers and generous sponsors! Your support is always greatly appreciated!! I would like to thank the Community as a whole for all the support and look forward to continued growth to the Annual Talent Harvest Festival for years to come!!
CONGRATULATIONS TO TALENT'S GRAND MARSHAL: JUDY CASAD!!!
Thank you to Providence our Community Sponsor!!!
To receive more information contact Melissa Huhtala by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (541) 535-1566
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!
Harvest Festival Photo Gallery 2014
Harvest Festival Photo Gallery